What is ERP?
Is your business still living in the past?
As one of the longest standing ERP vendors, we often get asked – what is ERP?
ERP is an industry acronym for Enterprise Resource Planning. ERP refers to automation and integration of a company’s core business. The Information Technology industry is renowned for its adoption of acronyms, which are often widely used, but not fully understood. The term ‘ERP’ itself is not self-explanatory and refers to the business software that has been designed to record and manage your enterprise data.
An ERP system automates and integrates core business processes such as taking customer orders, scheduling operations, and keeping inventory records and financial data. SYSPRO’s software has multiple benefits to help with overall business performance management for any organization providing intelligence, visibility, analytics, and efficiency across every aspect of a business. Giving you one source of the truth and enabling the digitalization of your business.
Download Thinking About ERP Free eBook
We have created an e-Book for you, that shows you how to drive ERP implementation through clearly defining what the Enterprise Resrouse Planning project is meant to achieve, and how organizations can pursue their strategic objectives. If you do nothing else before starting your ERP project, read this book – it will make all the difference.
“In this book, we present an objective-driven way for you to think about ERP and set a strategy that eliminates much of the confusion often associated with the selection process when acquiring an ERP system.”
Download our Thinking About ERP eBook to learn more.
Download Your Free eBook
9 Benefits of Implementing an ERP System in Your Business
Today’s manufacturer and distributor face a myriad of business challenges. These include duplication of processes with disparate systems, the inability to support a mobile workforce, scrambling to keep track of resources, departments within the organization working in silos, and the list goes on. Implementing a SYSPRO ERP system delivers key benefits to assist in overcoming these obstacles.
Reduce Costs and Save Money
- Reduce administrative and operational costs through automated processes. This allows users to pro-actively manage operations and prevent delays.
- A cut in operational costs is a cut in working capital outlay. An Enterprise Resource Planning System allows you to run your business more cost effectively.
- Reduce waste within your organization, maximize inventory efficiency.
Streamlined Business Processes and Operations
- Data is available in a centralized location with complete visibility across all functionalities.
- An ERP System allows you to automate business processes.
- Decision makers can monitor operations and production in real-time.
- Automate many tracking processes, and accurately determine and maintain inventory levels.
Improved Financial Consolidation
- Without ERP, many businesses are forced to use different programs across different departments. An ERP system eliminates the data silos that arise from disparate systems
- ERP systems enable you to limit labor-intensive tasks doing the work for you.
Supply Chain Optimization
- A robust ERP System allows for real-time visibility of your supply chain and other processes making it easier for decision makers to get a wider view of their supply chain, reduce planning cycles and be on top of production scheduling.
Respond to Market Conditions Faster with Data Analysis
- ERP Systems provides real-time data analysis and reporting to assist the business to rapidly react to changing market requirements.
- The business can make informed decisions on time.
- Data analysis in ERP software provides access to accurate reports. This allows businesses to follow trends in real-time and determine realistic forecasts.
- Allocation and detection of inventory and stock is critical in highly regulated industries.
- ERP benefits you in tracing stock, defects and hazards down to the level of individual parts and ingredients.
- rack materials from receipt right through to delivery of the product to the customer, as well as at any level in between.
- Improve governance and drive compliance.
Digitally Transform and Future-proof your Business with Mobility and Flexibility
- As your business grows, your ERP system will grow and adapt to cater for your changing needs.
- Gain better control over your business with choice in deployment; whether it is on premise, in the cloud (Cloud ERP), or on a Mobile App (Mobile ERP).
Improve Customer Satisfaction, Service and Relations
- Implementing an ERP solution enables you to produce the right product at the right time. This ensures accuracy in providing for customer needs.
- On-time deliver is critical in maintaining customer retention and service.
Increase Competitiveness with an Industry Built System
- An industry built ERP solution allows for configuration to suit industry needs by adapting to individual business requirements.
- Gain competitive advantage with compliancy, agility and the ability to expand and adapt with little to no downtime.
Our industry-built ERP system is designed to fit your business now and into the future
With our latest release of SYSPRO, the benefits to your business are Infinite. It offers a web based UI for universal access, 24/7 on all devices, exciting innovative capabilities, industry-specific functions, and the flexibility to deploy on premise, in the cloud or both.
Your ERP, your way, on your terms.
Industry Built ERP Software
SYSPRO’S industry experts are committed to simplifying your success. An Enterprise Resource Planning Software designed to keep you ahead of the technology curve.